We have built a list of useful skin care resources. Sooner or later, you will need one or many of these resources if you are a skin care practitioner, if you care about your own skin or beauty, or if you suffer a skin condition like acne.
All of these resources and links have been meticulously checked to be sure they meet a high standard for your skin care.
Table of contents
- Beauty and skin care product reviews
- Interesting infographics
- Find a dermatologist near you
- Basic information about skin disorders and symptoms
- Skin Care Forums
- Hair Loss Forums
These blogs will provide top-notch skin care and dermatology tips.
- High on Clear Skin – Natural Acne Treatment for Adult Women.
- Acne.org Blog – The official blog of the #1 acne resource.
- The Love Vitamin – Articles by an author that suffered acne in the past and share their tips to have a clearer skin.
- The Beauty Brains – A podcast where cosmetic scientists analyze beauty products.
- BeautyGeeks – A blog where authors ask to industry experts about skin and beauty products.
- About.com Health / Dermatology – Dermatology articles written by a dermatology expert.
- Diane Walder, MD – A dermatologist that blogs on a fairly regular basis about skin care.
- Dr. Cynthia Bailey – Skincare tips direct from a skin care expert.
- Positive Health Wellness – A section of this blog is full of acne information.
All of these tools focus on acne problems and will be very useful for you if you face this condition.
- Skin test to find the right acne treatment for you.
- Comparison chart of popular acne treatments.
- List of acne home remedies.
- A tool that generates personalized advice for your case of acne.
- Most common acne myths.
Beauty and skin care product reviews
The following are websites that provide skin care and beauty product reviews. Very handy if you frequently buy different products.
- DERMSTORE – Product reviews website.
- TotalBeauty.com – Unbiased reviews website.
- BeautyPedia by Paula’s Choice – Website with over 45,000 product reviews.
- ConsumerAffairs – An awesome resource comparing acne treatment products.
Here are some educational videos about dermatology and skin care that will help you understand conditions and will show you actionable tips to improve your skin.
- Skin Care videos on Paula’s Choice website.
- Skin Care Tutorials featured on Vogue.com
- Our YouTube Channel (in Spanish).
If you are a person that only think about improving your skin, here are some books that will transform you into a skin care geek.
- Skin Care and Cosmetic Ingredients Dictionary by Varinia Michalun. A book to understand skin types and skin physiology.
- Absolute Beauty: The Secret to Radiant Skin And Inner Vitality Through the Art and Science of Ayurveda. This book talks about how some things like your mind and nutrition impacts your skin health.
- Write Your Skin a Prescription for Change by Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields. A book written by two experimented dermatologists on skin care.
- The Skin Type Solution by Leslie Baumann. A book about skin types and how to take care of them.
- Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me by Paula Begoun and Bryan Barron and Desiree Stordahl. A book about finding products that make you look good without spending a fortune.
- The Skin Care Answer Book by Mark Lees. The answer to the most frequent skin care questions.
- Love Your Skin, Love Yourself: Achieving Beauty, Health, and Vitality from the Inside Out and Outside In by Rachael Pontillo. A book on how to incorporate simple daily practices to improve your skin a live a happy life full of confidence.
- Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist by Debra Jaliman. An instruction manual from a top-notch dermatologist on how to attain a beautiful skin and a younger appearance.
- The Original Beauty Bible by Paula Begoun. Exhaustively researched guide to educate you about how to create a great skin care routine, how to choose a cosmetic specialist and more.
- Look 20 When You’re 40: Anti-Aging Skin Care For Wrinkle-Free Perfect Skin by Diana Polska. The title says it all.
- Say Goodbye to Acne Tonight – How I Cured Myself From Acne And You Will Too by Martin von Zellersleben and Patrick Lafayette.
- Forever Young: The Science of Nutrigenomics for Glowing, Wrinkle-Free Skin and Radiant Health at Every Age by Nicholas Perricone. A program to decrease wrinkles and dramatically improve the appearance of the skin.
- Save Your Face: The Truth About Facial Aging, Its Prevention, and Cure by Brooke R. Seckel. A book about medically based, scientifically proven methods to restore and improve facial skin.
- How to Look Younger – Get Rid of Eye Wrinkles, Drooping Cheeks and Sagging Jowls Naturally by Deborah Groom. A Proven, Step-By-Step System To Diminish Wrinkles and Get Rid of Sagging Jowls
- Guide to an Ageless Face: The Smartest Skin Training System by Tonya Zavasta. A system to improve your skin.
- Healthy Skin Secrets … Naturally by Helen Bairstow. Some information that the cosmetic industry does NOT want you to know.
Interesting infographics and articles
Don’t like to read? No problem, here are some interesting infographics for you to check or share with your friends.
- 50 incredible facts about the skin.
- 12 toxic ingredients to avoid in Cosmetics and Skin Care products.
- 24 Toxic Skin-Care Ingredients + What to Use Instead.
- Facts and stats on Cosmetic Surgery in the US.
- Understanding your skin type.
- History of Skin Care.
- Don’t Get Burned! EWG’s Guide to Summer Sun.
- Acne by the Numbers: 9 Surprising Acne Statistics.
- 47 Home Remedies For Acne & Pimples – Not all of these remedies are backed by scientific data, but some of them do. It’s an interesting article that many people facing acne will find very useful and interesting, nevertheless.
Find dermatologists in your city
Doctoralia is a great directory to find medical specialists within many countries. Just click the country you live in below and search “dermatologist [your city]” to find a dermatologist near you.
Basic information about skin disorders and symptoms
Here you will find in-depth articles about each condition and symptoms related to skin problems. You will clarify your general questions about what causes skin conditions, skin symptoms and their most common treatments.
- Healthline Skin Disorders articles.
- WebMD skin problems and treatment articles.
- MayoClinic Skin Conditions articles.
- American Skin Association Skin articles.
Want to stay up to date? Here is the link to Cancer.org Update and News about skin cancer.
Skin Care Forums
Want to find help online? In the following forums you will find experienced people that may give you advice or clarify your questions (although, it is better to see a dermatologist if you think you may have a skin condition).
Hair Loss Forums
Want to find help online? In the following forums you will find experienced people that may give you advice or clarify your questions (although, it is better to see a dermatologist if you think you may have a hair condition).